Monday 27 June 2011

Sachin, Federer at Wimbledon #FakingNews

Looks like Wimbledon is back to its original charm with bad weather, first week upsets and star studded crowd. However, last week everyone's attention was drawn to this one of a kind meet between two legends namely Roger Federer and Sachin Tendulkar. It was a time when one GOAT met another GOAT on a lush green surface. GOAT here refers to Greatest Of All Times. While Sachin surely proclaimed that Roger knows a lot about cricket, what could they have possibly talked about for an hour. This is a PARODY of the possible conversation.

ST: Aila, Roger you were just fantastic. That looked like a easy win.
RF: Naah Sachin, every match is tough and you cant underestimate your opponent(the usual diplomatic, humble answer)

ST: I have been a great fan of your game and I really hope you win Wimbledon this time.
RF: Well, in that case you can do me a favor by square cutting Nadal. Hez staying at the Hilton, room 33(Giggle Giggle).

ST: I guess if you concentrate less on those Gillette ads, you'll surely not need my help.
RF: Pssst. Don't tell anyone. With the kind of form I'm currently in, my Gillette sponsorship is the only thing feeding me, my wife, my twins and my cow. 

RF: BTW, now that you have lost out on MRF, shall I fix you up with these guys?
ST: Actually I wouldn't mind it. I just sold my Ferrari and I'm even taking a loan to buy a new flat. I can surely do with some sponsorship.

ST: I too want some viral videos like yours. Would like to have a video in which I hit a six which will knock an Apple off Ambani's head.
RF: Anil or Nita? I would seriously recommend one of their sons. If something goes wrong, atleast some dead weight is put to rest.

ST: Ha Ha. We call it as "Dharti Pe Bhoj". I've actually tried doing it a couple of times but in vain.
RF: No wonder you ended up with a tennis elbow. You have to leave it to the experts like me :) (**Sarcasm**)

                    

It starts raining yet again in London.

ST: (Sensing the opportunity to change the topic) Typical London weather isn't it. Hope you slide through to the finals. 
RF: Hope I can put one more Wimbledon in my kitty. I can then concentrate on my retirement fund.  

RF: If I win this one, I'll stay back in London and cheer for you to get your 100th 100.
ST: Oh yeah. I really want to dedicate it to Sai Baba.

RF: Why don't you dedicate  it to me and I'll dedicate this Wimbledon win( or runner up tittle)  to you.
ST: RF, if you can get me a Gillette sponsorship then I'll hold my end of the deal. Frankly speaking, the odds of you still having the Gillette sponsorship is better than, ahem ahem....beating Nadal.

RF:(Hmmm.. Tit for Tat eh) Why don't you like my fan page on Facebook and write on my wall and we can discuss about it.
ST: Sure why not, follow me on Twitter and I'll DM you soon.

While this post was not intended to disrespect any of these legends, it was just my lame attempt at some parody. Its probably one of those things that sound better in your head than on paper. Just for the record, I so hope Sachin gets his 100th hundred and Roger equals Sampras's record of 7 Wimbledon titles this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment