Monday 15 August 2011

London Bangalored

The blog has been dead for quite sometime now. All thanks to the terrible service of my broadband partner Virgin Media and mobile partner Three and not to forget my fake laptop charger which finally gave up amidst the numerous twists and cuts and even sparks at times.

But then again I have to blame my lazy ass as well. I'm still going through the honeymoon period in my new job and I still get back home before the sun sets(which may not well be the right measure to use in this season). So far so good and I'm still carrying my own lunch and still haven't metamorphosized into one of those stereotypical health conscious people running to Sainsbury's or Tesco to grab lunch or just feasting on salads to stay fit.

Aha. Now why did I actually bring up the topic of fitness. I have about 6 months to go to do something about it. I sure can't adopt the above method. Something hardcore and old school, like.......hmmmmm...lets c...Yoga?? Naaa. Not my kind...Classical Dance??? Noooo way..Watching all of that "Underworld Flashback" on Suvarna has made me think about "Gardi" as well. In fact that is the perfect option, but where can I find one here. Damnn..Just when I finally make up my mind, the universe deceives me. Never mind. Dieting is still not an option and abstinence from meat will never even have the balls to even crop up on the list. So that leaves me with running. Should ask silent to gift me a pair of running shoes. After all I'll not be only person admiring the fit new me!!!



London might be well known for Buckingham palace or Tower Bridge or Big Ben or London Eye or even for its bad weather, which in my position, using theory of relativity doesn't really seem that bad. But for me its the tube system that astonishes me everyday and have become an ardent admirer of the way it functions. The first underground tube started in London more than 100 years ago and we are still in the process of erecting pillars in Bengaluru. I honestly hope everything goes well with "namma metro" and that it becomes a pride of the city.

Meanwhile I see striking similarities between London and Bengaluru. For starters, both the cities are heavily populated and the local population is a major minority. The no of desis in London are proportional to the comrades from up north residing in Bengaluru. The number of Polish and other European people are proportional to the thambis and annayas in Bengaluru. Just like its hard to hear any Kannada in garden city, its actually quite hard to listen to a proper Londoner's English anywhere. Sounds crazy but its actually true.

Nevertheless its quite ironical to celebrate Independence day from the land of the people from whom we actually took it. So happy Independence Day to everyone for being independent about something and for planning to become independent in atleast one more thing.

2 comments:

  1. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete