Monday 23 May 2011

Conversation On A Bus

This incident happened last week when I was on the bus. It was a 30 minute journey which was spiced up by a couple of guys. With an honest confession to make, I didn't just over hear them talking, I was eavesdropping on them with my fake sleep expression.

Just to introduce the characters, the first one is a Gujju working in TCS and has been staying in UK for a couple of years now. The other guy is a typical Mallu, with looks and accent and is also working in TCS but has just landed in UK, probably less than a week old in this country. One common factor between them, apart from working in the same company is that they both are married.

When I actually started listening to them, the bus had stopped at a signal and there were two really hot policewomen and I mean naughty America hot, standing near the bus stop. While they both were drooling, both of them wanted to show that they were Gandhi's grand grand love children.

Gujju - "You see, in this country you can't understand 3 Ws i.e Work, Wages and Women. If you try to do so, you'll go mad."

Mallu - "Ha Ha Ha. That's a good jocke."

After some boring chatter about their ancestors, they move onto some work related stuff.

Gujju - "If TCS had billed that client $8 instead of $7, then they could have had a million more in profits. If I was in charge of it, I would have billed them at least $10."

Mallu - "I know, I too feel so many times. These peeepaul have no brains at all."

Huh. Like the people in the higher management are plain dumb and have no idea of what they are doing.

Mallu - "You know what, whenever someone asks my wife, what I'm doing, she'll always say that I'm busy with my first wife. Ha Ha Ha. She calls my laptop as my 1st wife."

Right with that lame joke out of the way, they move onto some wife related stuff. Something spicy coming up as to where they keep the leather gear? Hmmm...Guess not.

Gujju - " My wife says she gets bored here. Now that your wife has also come, they both can meet everyday and spend some time. They shouldn't go to work here, else they can start earning more than us and will not show us any respect."

Mallu - "Ya Ya, thats very true. I'll get her to your house this weekend. Let our wives get along. We can take them out to some Indian restaurant once in a while and that should be enough to keep them happy."

Gujju - "Oh ya, after all we have come here to save money. I know a few cheap restaurants. You take your wife only there, k."

So much for women empowerment and equality. Guess some things never change wherever you go and whatever you do. Before the conversation could continue, they both got down at their stop.

Even though it was a nice timepass to listen to those narrow minded blokes, its a pity that some people are still so rigid and boxed up in their thinking. Saving is always good but one has to be a bit open minded to explore new things. Trying to keep their better halves at check at the time will only make their lives a bit more bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment