Wednesday 13 March 2013

The Story Of 3 Knots - Part 2

Yes, small broke a coconut right at my feet and I jumped to avoid its pieces. The camera man took advantage of this situation and with some basic loop effects, made me look as if I jumped thrice. Whatay!!  

There were lot of new faces but the face I really wanted to see was busy getting ready. I've never understood the concept of 10+ men in the same room as the groom to get him ready. I badly wanted some space alone after an incident late previous night. Have to say, I did spend a considerable amount of time in getting my trident pocket square right. My grandpa was actually super excited to see me in that attire and I still remember him sitting on the bed with a walking stick and talking to me in Dr.House style.

I went to meet the bride and did she look pretty or what!! She looked so much more beautiful than I ever imagined her to look in that dress. We smiled a lot at each other, looked into each others' eyes and just like that exchanged lots of words even before speaking the first word.

I wasn't really a fan of these wedding photographers until I met this Choudhary and totally became his fan within his first few snaps. But then again, one of my favourite pics from that day has to be this.

                                    


As we both walked onto the stage, I could already see a sea of people queuing up and that I when we both realized that its going to be a long night. There were some genuine smiles and wishes, there were some fake smiles, there were also some "I don't know who you are, I'm here just for some free food" faces. The worst of them all were a couple of them who actually said "I wanted to get you married to my friend's daughter of the same caste, but now its ok. Congrats!!" Aaah , the one day I felt like really slapping someone after along time. However, my MIL had already kept a couple of Red Bulls behind me and they helped me to avert the ugly situations.

There were quite a few incidents that tried to alter both our moods, but then again my terrible jokes came in handy yet again to make sure that both of us kept a smile on till midnight. Choudhary even made me get down on my knee and propose "just for the photos" . It was that or Photoshop and I went for the manlier option.

It was finally time to sit down and have dinner. The food was amazingly tasty but both of us couldn't eat much just because the gastric juices had already slept off. I found the concept of asking the bride to stay back in the Choultry even though her house is just 2 minutes from the place a bit silly. I orchestrated a perfect escape and as a reader, you're probably one of the very few people to know about it even today. 

Some pesky relatives also wanted to do some idiotic ritual at 1:00 in the morning and I metaphorically showed them the finger and went to sleep. Batha and Bujji were there to accompany me and I realized that it was 4:00 in the morning and I still hadn't slept. Not because of any wedding jitters but because of those damn Red Bulls. It surely had given my eyes some wings. The unsynchronized snoring of two people also didn't help the cause. Couple more hours to wake up for the D-Day and I was still awake. 

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete