Sunday 31 October 2010

Time runs, break its legs

It feels like last week when I landed at the Bengaluru International Airport but I now find myself sitting on my couch in Glasgow and writing this post. It is so true that you cant keep a track of time when you are having a good time. In fact I was watching the myth busters recently and I wonder if they can actually test this myth about time. Atleast for me, it didn't seem like one. Before you even get some time to recall the events over the last month with a SAW like ending and soundtrack being played at the back of your end, you find yourself saying adios to all your loved ones.

I still remember the scenes from the terrace party just the 2nd day after I landed. I had hardly recovered from the jet lag which had got aggravated as a result of my nocturnally awake habits and the last thing I needed was a bad hangover. Lots of similar parties followed thereafter with the last one ending on a porky note. A month is too long a time for a guy like me to do a bit of shopping and too short a time to burn all the greasy fat gained as a result of succumbing to gluttony. I went high on meat over the month and ended it on a wild boar marathon. Sometimes this even reminded me of the movie Taxidermia.

Meeting people after a long time will lead to a lot of unexpected outcomes. Either you end up feeling better that you have not turned out to be as fat as them or realize that you are turning old as all your kiddo brothers and sisters have become taller than you. It actually reminded me of that so called awkward age during adolescence when you experienced a lot of things for the first time. I still remember the time when I had made a guy realize that he had 2 good friends in his right and left hand. Before you know it, you are out of that age it just seems like yesterday when you were loafing around in the teen age. I had come up with an axiom long back which stated "If you were to divide your lifespan into 4 equal parts, you realize that the 2nd part is the most important part of your life". The things that you do in this part influence your future and people find this sweet spot during their twentys. I'm currently in my mid 20s  and know that the honeymoon period is over and its now time to get down to business. With numerous ideas buzzing in my head, all it takes is one small idea to make it big and would love to read this post about 5 years later. 

P.S -- Watched The Social Network today evening. Like Like and Like

No comments:

Post a Comment