Wednesday 29 September 2010

Journey from GMT + 1:00 to GMT + 5:30



I woke up at around 9:00AM on Monday which was pretty early for my standards. It was a very gloomy day and as I got ready to do some last minute packing, I ended up packing the dude's brush instead of mine. Soon I was reminded of the fact that my toiletries kit contained this foreign object and had to return it to him before we ended up sharing germs. I reached the airport well before time and I had a big bag to check in followed by a small cabin bag and a laptop bag. One of those average looking females employed by Emirates were stubborn on not letting me carry 2 bags inside their so called ultra modern flight. My flirting skills too didn't help me much and I realized that those days were long gone and I was getting old. I had to make some adjustments urgently and ended up somehow shoving my laptop bag into the check-in bag. I luckily took out the camera from the bag, just in case (my bad memory came good on those one off occasions).


It was a 7 hour journey to Dubai and I was travelling alone. Luckily I met my old friend Jack Daniels on the way and he kept me entertained for the rest of the journey. He in fact entertained me so much that I actually don't remember anything after the first 20 minutes of Iron man 2. But after this, I decided to give a call to my old buddy, Budweiser and little did I know that him and Jack were not on good terms. Bud got a bit too jealous of Jack and it ended up in me visiting the 2 feet by 2 feet toilet many times. None of these 2 guys helped me in getting any sleep and I tried to kill time by peeking into my neighbour's screen. By the time I realized that I was watching a boring family drama, it was time to land. 

The huge Dubai airport was very crowded and I was standing in the queue for my security check. I tried to catch a glimpse of a guy few feet in front of me who looked the owner of CSK. After somehow convincing myself that it was not him, I looked back to see the almost all the stars of CSK at the back of the line. Even though all of them were wearing those flashy yellow t-shirts, Raina stood out in the crowd. He was not only wearing a purple t-shirt on top of the yellow one but also had flip flops which were of fluorescent green and yellow in color. There was no doubt that Raina had become the adopted son of Chennai. As I finished my security check, I was waiting for these players to finish theirs, so that I could say "ssssup". Surprisingly none of these players were in demand and people hardly took notice of them. All of these players were in a hurry and I caught hold of the adopted son for a snap. MSD looked as cool as ever, and his pretty wife started nagging that it was getting late as soon as me and another guy caught him for a snap. I did a dumb mistake of calling Mr.Cricket as David, and the guy got very irritated and left and thus I missed a golden opportunity. Vijay not only had a spring in his stride while walking but also looked like a guy having a spring in his neck. It was very easy to see that he was still on a high after so many awards and would have probably started flying all over the airport if not for the ever smiling Balaji trying to hold him to ground level. All of these guys were moving around in pairs and holding hands. Dhoni with his obvious  price catch buying some X-Box games, Raina with Tyagi (who was as tall as Venkatesh Prasad), feeling Vijay with smiling Balaji and Jakati with the world cup hero Joginder. As I hopped from store to store to do some duty free shopping, I spotted Badrinath buying toys for someone. The guy was friendly to talk to and had a small chat with him. 


As I boarded my next flight to Bengaluru, It reminded me of a NTSE lecturer who taught Geography ( it would be great if someone reminded me his name). All those hours that were gained last year while travelling to Glasgow, I started to lose them now as I was making my way back. One of the best parts about the journey was I got to see the gradual changes in the color over the horizon that take place during a sunrise. I was lucky enough to see this phenomenon which can be observed at only that altitude. Even though I took a lot of pics of this nature's beauty, none of them did any justice to it and unfortunately I did not have a SLR to make it look better than it was. 

It was nice to hear the chirping of birds inside the Bengaluru airport and I was finally happy to experience some really warm weather. I woke up very early today at 6:00AM and thought I'll kill some time till the breakfast gets ready. I now head off to stuff my tummy with some ರೊಟ್ಟಿ and ಎಣ್ಣೆಗಾಯಿ as I leave this post in all you readers' mercy.

2 comments:

  1. You're a lucky man! Awesome dude :-)

    And when you mentioned flirting skills... brought a smile on my face..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You called Mr.Cricket David.... wow !!! Lucky he didn't whip your a$$

    ReplyDelete